After the Information dialog is displayed, under Roll Width, select the same paper width as that of the
paper roll loaded in the printer and click OK.
5. Determine by how much you want the image to exceed the size of the paper
Adjust Amount of Extension as needed.
When clicking on Borderless Setting, the Borderless Setting dialog box will appear.
Dragging the slide bar to the right will increase overflow, while dragging it to the left will reduce it.
The second position from the right is recommended for most cases.
• If the Amount of Extension slide bar is set to the far right position, the back of the paper may
come out stained.
6. Select a method for printing borderless
Place a checkmark next to Print Image with Actual Size in Borderless Printing Method.
7. Complete the setting process
Job will print to original size without white border.
• Create the source document with a size 3mm larger on each of the top, bottom, left and right
sides from the size of the paper you wish to print.
• If you choose a paper size not compatible with borderless printing, it will be replaced with a size
compatible with whole-surface borderless printing.
• If you place a checkmark next to the Borderless Printing option, the Page Layout and Print Centered
options in the Layout tab will be displayed in gray out and you will not be able to configure them.
• Depending on paper size, the length/width ratio of the paper may be different from that of the image,
making it impossible for the whole image to fit on the paper.
When this happens, crop the image with the application software to match paper size.
• When printing borderless, printing may stop abruptly and the paper will be cut causing a slight color
unevenness on the edges of the paper. If you require exceptionally high quality, in the Roll Paper
Options dialog box select No from the Auto Cut... list. When you do so, the document will be printed
without the left and right margins. After the printed material has exited the printer and has been cut, cut
the upper and lower edges with a pair of scissors.
• When printing borderless on paper with low ink-fixing properties, depending on frequency of use, the
cutter unit may come into contact with the paper surface scratching it and causing the paper to be
You may be able to improve the situation by clicking Specify... on the Main tab and, in the Paper
Detailed Settings dialog box, under Drying Time, set Between Pages to a higher value.
• If you print borderless while Automatically switch paper sources (paper size priority) is on, in the
Page Setup tab, under Borderless Printing Method, you will only be able to select Scale to fit Roll
Paper Width. In such cases, paper roll 1 (the paper roll in the upper tray) will be normally used for