9. Lift print head by blue handle and remove orange protective cap (2).
• Always carry the print head by the blue handle. Never touch the nozzle (A) or metal contacts
(B). This may damage the print head and affect printing quality.
• Never touch the ink holes (C). This may affect printing quality.
• The inside surface of the protective cap is coated with ink to protect the nozzle. Be careful not
to touch these surfaces when removing the caps.
• The print head contains ink to protect the nozzle. We recommend removing the protective cap
as you hold it over the print head case or safely out of the way to avoid spilling ink and staining
your clothes or the surrounding area. If ink accidentally spills, wipe off the ink with a dry cloth.
• If you need to put a print head somewhere temporarily before installation, return it to the case in
the same orientation. If placed face down, the nozzle or metal contacts may become damaged,
which may affect the printing quality.
• Do not reattach the removed protective cap. Dispose of these materials in accordance with local
10. Carefully push print head firmly in, ensuring that nozzle, metal contacts, and ink holes do
not touch Carriage.