• When the application software specifies an input profile, the input profile setting of the printer
driver becomes invalid.
6. Select the printer profile
Select Printer Profile as follows:
• To set the printer profile automatically:
Select Auto Settings.
• To set the printer profile manually:
Select a printer profile that matches the media type to be used.
7. Select the rendering intent
Select the coloring adjustment method in Rendering Intent.
Reproduces a tint close to the display of the monitor. Select this when you wish to print a photo.
• When you select Perceptual to print images, Canon recommends that you set the monitor
and the environment light as follows:
Color temperature: D50 (5000K)
Brightness: 100 to 120cd/m2
• Environment light
Fluorescent light for D50 color evaluation (color temperature 5000K, high color
Brightness when looking at printed materials: 500 lx ± 125 lx
Reproduces a tint that people feel to be pleasing. Select this when you wish to print a poster or
• Relative Colorimetric
When image data is converted to the color space of the printer, this method converts the image
data so the color reproduction approximates the shared color regions. Select this method to print
image data with colors that are close to the original colors.
• Absolute Colorimetric
When Relative Colorimetric is selected, white spots are reproduced as white spots of the paper
(background color). However, when Absolute Colorimetric is selected, how the white spots are
reproduced depends on the image data.
• Depending on the media type, you may obtain the same print results even when you change
the Rendering Intent setting.