5 • Removal & Replacement
Printer/Base (use for all models)
1. Remove all printer/base covers (sections 5.2 through 5.5 and 5.7).
2. Remove main drive and intermediate drive belts (sections 5.11.1 and
3. Remove drive shaft gear as shown in Figure 5-48 and pull bearing off as
shown in Figure 5-49.
4. Unsnap roller from groove in shaft. See Figure 5-51.
CAUTION: Tabs on roller flange break easily.
5. Remove pin from shaft and slide out shaft from front.
6. Reassemble in reverse order.
Figure 5-48 Removing Drive Shaft Gear Figure 5-49 Removing Drive Shaft
Figure 5-50 Disengaging Roller from
Drive Shaft Groove
Figure 5-51 Drive Shaft Components
DM300c/DM400c/DM475 Service Manual (SV61801 Rev. D)