5 • Removal & Replacement
Printer/Base (use for all models)
Figure 5-17C Removing Purge Unit Sensor Board
5.8.2 Purge Unit Motor
1. Remove purge unit (sec-
2. Unsnap plastic cover (see
3. Press down outer gear
tab opposite flat on shaft
(Figure 5-17C) and re-
move outer and inner
4. Carefully disconnect har-
5. Remove two screws that
secure motor mounting bracket to purge unit. See figure 5-17E, right.
6. Reassemble in reverse order.
1. Remove all printer/base covers (sections 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, and 5.6).
2. Remove purge unit to provide clearance for motor (section 5.8).
3. Disconnect motor harness at J115 on Main Logic Board (Figure 5-18).
4. Carefully snap open wire clamps as shown to free motor harness (Fig-
5. Slightly loosen belt tensioner. Press tensioner and tighten screw to re-
lieve tension on timing belt (Figure 5-20). Remove belt as shown (Figure
6. Hold motor from underside of machine. While holding motor, remove
two screws as shown to free it (Figure 5-22).
7. Reassemble in reverse order.
Figure 5-17D Purge Unit Sensor Board
Figure 5-17E Purge Motor Removed
DM300c/DM400c/DM475 Service Manual (SV61801 Rev. D)