Printer/Base (use for all models)
5.15 Tape Feed
DM300c/DM400c/DM475 Service Manual (SV61801 Rev. D)
1. Remove rear cover (section 5.2), control panel (section 5.3) and sub-
cover (section 5.4).
2. Remove two screws as shown in Figure 5-52.
3. Carefully lift the tape feeder unit up. Note that a wiring harness is con-
nected to it. See Figure 5-53 below.
4. Disconnect harness as shown.
5. Remove the tape feed assembly.
6. Reassemble in reverse order.
Figure 5-52 Tape Feeder Mounting Screws Figure 5-53 Tape Feeder Harness
5.15.1 Tape Motor
1. Remove tape feed unit as described above (section 5.15).
2. Remove two screws securing motor. See Figure 5-54 below.
3. Reassemble in reverse order.
Figure 5-54 Tape Feed Motor
5.15.2 Tape Feed Roller Assembly
1. Remove tape feeder unit as described above (section 5.15).
2. Remove E-Clip and bearing from roller shaft. See Figure 5-55, above right.
3. Free roller assembly from tape feed housing.
4. Reassemble in reverse order.
5 • Removal & Replacement
Figure 5-55 Tape Feed Roller Assembly