Printer/Base (use for all models)
5.8 Purge Unit
DM300c/DM400c/DM475 Service Manual (SV61801 Rev. D)
1. Remove all printer/base covers (sections 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, and 5.6).
2. Disconnect two wire harnesses as shown (Figure 5-16).
3. Hold the purge unit from the bottom using a paper towel or rags to pro-
tect yourself from ink leakage from the drain.
4. While holding the purge unit, remove two mounting screws as shown
5. Remove the purge unit from the bottom of the machine.
6. Reassemble in reverse order.
Figure 5-16 Purge Unit Removal
5.8.1 Purge Unit Sensor Board
1. Remove purge unit as described
above (section 5.8).
2. Unsnap plastic cover to gain
access to sensor board. Cover
is held in place by three plastic
tabs as shown in figure, right.
3. Remove two board mounting
screws, figure, right.
4. Carefully disconnect harness
connector to free board. See Fig-
ure 5-17C, next page.
5. Reassemble in reverse order.
5 • Removal & Replacement
Figure 5-17A Purge Unit
Figure 5-17B Sensor Board Cover