4.3 Error Codes
Table 4-12 Common Error Codes/Messages (cont'd)
DE06 or DE14
Invalid User ID/
DM300c/DM400c/DM475 Service Manual (SV61801 Rev. D)
4 • Troubleshooting/Diagnostics
When trying to connect with
the Data Center, either PbP
is not set up to communicate
with the meter or there is some
other type of network problem.
Attempt to connect to Postage
By Phone was unsuccessful.
The meter can't confirm that its
memory is working.
Usually Occurs during install.
1. Confirm the meter is installed at PbP,
that the customer has not reached his or
her credit limit, and that there are funds
available to download.
2. If PbP is okay, there may be a network
3. Make sure the meter is installed on the
4. Make sure the customer is not attempt-
ing to use a credit card.
5. Reboot the system for 30 seconds. If
tis fails, reboot the system for three min-
6. If the meter was installed at PbP, have
the customer change to the local AT&T
number and attempt to connect again.
7. You must reboot after every DE00 er-
Check PbP for any flags that may be on
the account or any budgets listed for the
customer's refill amount. Once the flag or
budget is found, proceed accordingly.
Reboot to resolve.
Withdraw the system from service. If
funds are in the meter, flag as QAR
(Question of Accurate Registration).
1. Press CLEAR.
2. Reboot for 30 seconds.
3. If the display returns to ENTER
AMOUNT TO ADD TO METER, press
4. Select RETURN TO START to begin
the install over again.