5 • Removal & Replacement
Printer/Base (use for all models)
1. Unlock and lower the lower transport.
2. Slightly loosen the tension idler, press down on it to relieve belt tension,
and tighten in position.
3. Remove old belt.
4. Install new belt so center ridge rides in grooves of pulleys.
5. Loosen belt tensioner slightly and allow spring to normalize belt tension.
DO NOT apply additional tension to belt.
6. Tighten belt tensioner.
7. Make sure belt tracks properly.
8. Close lower transport and test for proper operation.
9. Reassemble in reverse order.
Figure 5-14 Removing Transport Drive
Figure 5-15 Transport Belt Removed.
Note Grooves in Rollers.
DM300c/DM400c/DM475 Service Manual (SV61801 Rev. D)