Printer/Base (use for all models)
5.13 Print Head
DM300c/DM400c/DM475 Service Manual (SV61801 Rev. D)
1. Remove rear cover (section 5.2), control panel (section 5.3) and sub-
cover (section 5.4).
2. Remove ink cartridge (Figures 5-33 and 5-34).
3. Remove the print head (Figure 5-35).
4. Make sure carriage is home. In this position the carriage is located
above the purge unit and you should be able to see the printhead cap
as shown in Figure 5-36.
Figure 5-33 Press Ink Cartridge Lock
Figure 5-35 Remove Printhead
5. Turn purge unit gear clockwise as
shown in Figure 5-37, right, until
printhead lock and wiper are fully
DOWN. See Figure 5-36, above
6. Push carriage toward rear.
7. Unlock and remove printhead rib-
bon cable at Main Logic Board.
See Figure 5-38, next page.
8. Remove plastic printhead cable
keeper. Pull out slightly on bottom
tab. To free keeper, pull it carefully
towards front of machine. See Fig-
ure 5-39, next page.
5 • Removal & Replacement
Figure 5-34 Lift Cartridge out of Well
Figure 5-36 Carriage Home Position
Figure 5-37 Turn Gear Clockwise until
Printhead Lock and Wiper are Fully DOWN