1.3.5 Restrictions on motion systems
(1) It is not allowed to use the Motion CPU as the control CPU of a module installed
on the QA1S6 B extension base unit. PLC CPU must be used as the control
(2) The connector for installation of memory card on the Motion CPU module is for
future function expansion.
(3) Motion CPU module cannot be used as standalone module. It must always be
used in combination with the PLC CPU module (version that supports Multiple
CPU systems). Moreover, it must be installed on the right side of PLC CPU
module. PLC CPU module cannot be installed in a position to the right of Motion
(4) Personal computer CPU unit must be installed on the right side of Motion CPU
module. Motion CPU cannot be installed in a position to the right of personal
(5) Make sure to use the PLC CPU module in the "Q mode".
(6) Motion CPU module cannot be set as the control CPU of intelligent function
module or Graphic Operation Terminal (GOT).
(7) SSCNET cable which connects the Motion CPU and servo amplifier, which
connects the Motion CPU are pulled from the bottom part of unit. Make sure to
secure sufficient space for pulling out the cable when designing the control panel.
(8) Motion CPU module is one module element of Q series Multiple CPU system. It
must be set the parameters of Q series Multiple CPU system for each PLC CPU.
Motion CPU module must also be set to support the Multiple CPU system in the
(9) Make sure to use the Motion CPU as the control CPU of motion modules
dedicated for Motion CPU (e.g., Q172LX, Q173PX). They will not operate
correctly if PLC CPU is set and installed as the control CPU by mistake. Motion
CPU is treated as a 32-point intelligent module by PLC CPU of other CPU.
It cannot be accessed from other CPU.
(10) When a Multiple CPU system is configured, make sure to configure the modules
so that the total current consumption of individual modules on the CPU base
does not exceed the 5 VDC output capacity of power supply module.
(11) Motion modules (Q172LX, Q173PX) is to do selection whether to be necessary
referring to the "3. DESIGN" of the "Q173CPU(N)/Q172CPU(N) User's Manual"
for the system design.
1 - 30