3 COMMUNICATION BETWEEN THE PLC CPU AND THE MOTION CPU IN
THE MULTIPLE CPU SYSTEM
(3) Automatic refresh settings 2 (Manual setting)
Refer to Section 1.3.4(4) for the applicable version of Motion CPU and the
(a) When the automatic refresh setting (Manual setting) of Motion CPU is used,
there are the following advantages.
1) A device setting which executes the automatic refresh setting between
the PLC CPU and the Motion CPU can be performed flexibly.
2) Because it is made not to execute the automatic refresh setting between
the Motion CPU using a dummy setting, it is not necessary to use the
user device for the automatic refresh vainly, and a main cycle can also
3) It is possible to execute the automatic refresh of Motion device(#) to the
PLC CPU directly. Similarly, it is possible to execute the automatic
refresh for data of the PLC CPU to the Motion device(#) directly.
Refer to the "QCPU User's Manual (Function Explanation/Program
Fundamentals)" about the setting for the PLC CPU.
(b) Setting selection/send range (refresh range) for each CPU
1) The refresh setting of four ranges can be set by setting selection.
For example, ON/OFF data may be refreshed using bit-device setting,
while other data may be refreshed using word device setting.
2) The number of points in the shared CPU memory set in units of 2 points
(2 words) is set in the send range for each CPU. (2 points if word device
is specified for the CPU-side device, or 32 points if bit device is
Data of the CPUs for which "0" is set as the number of points
representing the send range for the CPU will not be refreshed.
3) The maximum number of send points combining all four ranges is 2k
words per CPU (PLC CPU or Motion CPU) or 8k points (8k words) for all
4) If "*" is set as the first device setting column A of each automatic refresh
setting, the first device for every CPU can be arbitrarily set up by the
user in the column of B.
• The first device can be arbitrarily set up for
every CPU. "DUMMY(*)" can be set to the
first device except the self CPU.
• The motion device(#) can be set as a first
3 - 8