Using the Spool Stand
The included spool stand is useful when using
thread on spools with a large diameter (cross-
wound thread). This spool stand can hold two
spools of thread.
• See page 21 to assemble the spool stand.
• See page 52 to wind the bobbin when using
the spool stand.
■ Using the Spool Stand
• Be sure to use a spool cap that is slightly larger
than the spool.
If the spool cap that is used is smaller or much
larger than the spool, the thread may catch and
sewing performance may suffer.
• When using thread on a thin spool, place the
included spool felt on the spool pin, place the
thread spool on the spool pin so that the center
of the spool is aligned with the hole at the center
of the spool felt, and then insert the spool cap
onto the spool pin.
a Spool felt
• When using thread on a cone spool, use the
a Spool holder
• Depending on the size of spool or the amount of
thread remaining, choose the appropriate sized
spool cap (large or medium). Spool cap (small)
cannot be used with the spool cap base.
a Spool cap
b Spool cap base
Attach the spool stand to the machine. (see
Place the spool of thread on the spool pin
so that the thread feeds off the spool
clockwise. Firmly insert the spool cap onto
the spool pin.