Lower the presser foot and start.
→ A seam allowance is cut while the stitching is sewn.
• When using the side cutter, sew
between low and mid-speed and do
not touch the knives or operation
lever of the side cutter while sewing
to avoid equipment damage or
a Guide plate (lower knife)
b Upper knife
c Operation lever
• If the width has been adjusted, rotate the
handwheel toward you (counterclockwise).
Check that the needle does not touch the
side cutter. If the needle touches the side
cutter, it might cause the needle to break.
■ When Sewing Straight Stitches
While Using the Side Cutter
The seam margin should be approximately 5 mm
(approx. 3/16 inch).
a Seam margin
• The fabric will not be cut if the whole fabric is
simply spread out underneath the presser
foot guide plate. Set the fabric as explained
from the previous section, and
then start sewing.
• One layer of 13 oz. denim can be cut.
• Clean the side cutter after use to avoid hav-
ing dust and scraps of thread build up on it.
• Add a small amount of oil as required to the
cutting edge of the cutter.
SEWING THE STITCHES