• When using 2 spools of thread, make sure
that both spools are feeding in the same
• Make sure that the spools do not touch each
other, otherwise the thread will not feed off
smoothly, the needle may break, or the
thread may break or become tangled. In
addition, make sure that the spools do not
touch the telescopic thread guide at the cen-
• Make sure that the thread is not caught
under the spool.
Pull the thread off the spool. Pass the thread
from the back to the front through the
thread guides at the top.
• Guide the thread so that it does not become
entangled with the other thread.
• After feeding the thread as instructed, wind
any excess thread back onto the spool, oth-
erwise the excess thread will become tan-
Pass the thread through the machine's
thread guide from the right to the left.
a Thread guide
Thread the machine according to the steps
of "Upper Threading" on page 57.
Using Threads that Unwind
■ Using the Spool Net
If using transparent nylon monofilament thread,
metallic thread, or other strong thread, place the
included spool net over the spool before using it.
When using specialty threads, threading must be
If the spool net is too long, fold it once to match it to
the spool size before placing it over the spool.
• When threading the spool with the spool net
on, make sure that 5-6 cm (approx. 2 - 2-1/2
inches) of thread are pulled out.
• It may be necessary to adjust the thread ten-
sion when using the spool net.
a Spool net
b Thread spool
c Spool pin
d Spool cap