Using the Pen Tablet
• See page 34 about connecting the pen tab-
let with the sewing machine.
Tablet pen holder
Extra pen tips (4)
Pen tip clip
■ Installing a battery in the tablet pen
A battery for the tablet pen is not included with your
machine. Use a new AAA alkaline battery (LR03).
• Do not disassemble or modify the tablet pen/
• Do not use metallic objects, such as tweezers
or a metallic pen, when changing the battery.
• Do not throw the battery into fire or expose to
• Remove battery immediately and stop using
the machine if you notice abnormal odor,
heat, discoloration, deformation or anything
unusual while using or storing it.
• Remove the battery if you do not intend to use
tablet pen for an extended period of time.
• Do not set the positive and negative ends of
the battery in the wrong direction.
NAMES OF MACHINE PARTS AND THEIR FUNCTIONS
■ Replacing the pen tip
When the pen tip is worn out, replace with a new
one included with your pen tablet.
Unscrew the upper barrel of the tablet pen.
• Unscrew the upper barrel slowly, so that the
tablet pen will not be damaged.
Install a new AAA alkaline battery (LR03) in
the tablet pen with the positive end (+)
Screw the upper barrel to the tablet pen.
Grasp the old pen tip firmly with the
included pen tip clip.