Hold the embroidery foot in place with
your right hand, and then use the included
screwdriver to securely tighten the presser
foot holder screw.
• Use the included screwdriver to firmly tighten
the screw of the presser foot holder. If the
screw is loose, the needle may strike the
presser foot and possibly cause injury.
→ All keys and operation buttons are unlocked, and
the previous screen is displayed.
Attaching the Embroidery Unit
video example of attaching the embroidery unit
(see page 46). Follow the steps explained below to
complete the operation.
■ About the Embroidery Unit
• Do not move the machine with the
embroidery unit attached. The embroidery
unit could fall off and cause injury.
• Keep your hands and foreign objects away
from the embroidery carriage and frame when
the machine is embroidering. Otherwise,
injury may result.
• To avoid distorting your embroidery design,
do not touch the embroidery carriage and
frame when the machine is embroidering.
to unlock all keys and
in this order to display a
• You can also sew utility/decorative stitches
with the embroidery unit attached. Touch
automatically raise for utility and decorative
• Be sure to turn off the power before
installing the embroidery unit. Otherwise, the
machine may be damaged.
• Do not touch the inner connector of the
embroidery unit. The pins on the embroidery
unit connection may be damaged.
• Do not apply strong force to the embroidery
unit carriage or pick up the unit by the
carriage. Otherwise, the embroidery unit
may be damaged.
• Store the embroidery unit in the proper
Turn the main power to OFF, and remove
the flat bed attachment.
Insert the embroidery unit connection into
the machine connection port. The spring
hinge on the connection port cover will
allow easy access to the port. Push lightly
on the connection port cover until the unit
clicks into place.
a Embroidery unit connection
b Machine connection port
• Be sure there is no gap between the
embroidery unit and the sewing machine. If
there is a gap, the embroidery patterns will
not embroider with the correct registration.
• Do not push on the carriage when installing
the embroidery unit onto the machine.
Moving the carriage may damage the
. The feed dog will