in this order to display a
video example of the operation on the LCD (see
page 46). Follow the steps explained below to
complete the operation.
• Be sure to thread the machine properly.
Improper threading can cause the thread to
tangle and break the needle, leading to injury.
• When using the walking foot, the side cutter or
accessories not included with this machine,
attach the accessory to the machine after
threading the machine.
• The automatic threading function can be
used with sewing machine needle sizes 75/
11 through 100/16.
• Thread such as transparent nylon monofila-
ment thread and thread with a thickness of
130/20 or thicker cannot be used with the
automatic threading function.
• The automatic threading function cannot be
used with the wing needle or the twin nee-
Turn the main power to ON.
Press the "Presser Foot Lifter" button to
raise the presser foot.
→ The upper thread shutter opens so the machine can
a Upper thread shutter
• This machine is equipped with an upper
thread shutter, allowing you to check that
the upper threading is performed correctly.
Press the "Needle Position" button to raise
• If you try to thread the needle automatically
without raising the needle, the thread may
not thread correctly.