● When an inductive load such as a lamp, heater, or solenoid valve is controlled, a large current
(approximately ten times greater than normal) may flow when the output is turned from off to on.
Take proper measures so that the flowing current dose not exceed the value corresponding to the
maximum load specification of the resistance load.
● Simultaneously turn on and off the power supplies of the CPU module and extension modules.
● Make sure to cut off all phases of the power supply externally before attempting installation or wiring
work. Failure to do so may cause electric shock or damage to the product.
● Use the product within the generic environment specifications described in the User's Manual
(Hardware) of the CPU module used.
Never use the product in areas with excessive dust, oily smoke, conductive dusts, corrosive gas (salt
condensation, or rain and wind.
If the product is used in such conditions, electric shock, fire, malfunctions, deterioration or damage
● Do not touch the conductive parts of the product directly. Doing so may cause device failures or
● When drilling screw holes or wiring, make sure that cutting and wiring debris do not enter the
ventilation slits of the PLC. Failure to do so may cause fire, equipment failures or malfunctions.
● For the product supplied together with a dust proof sheet, the sheet should be affixed to the ventilation
slits before the installation and wiring work to prevent foreign objects such as cutting and wiring
However, when the installation work is completed, make sure to remove the sheet to provide
adequate ventilation. Failure to do so may cause fire, equipment failures or malfunctions.
● Install the product on a flat surface. If the mounting surface is rough, undue force will be applied to the
PC board, thereby causing nonconformities.
● Install the product securely using a DIN rail or mounting screws.
● Work carefully when using a screwdriver such as installation of the product. Failure to do so may
cause damage to the product or accidents.
● Connect the extension cables, peripheral device cables, input/output cables and battery connecting
cable securely to their designated connectors. Loose connections may cause malfunctions.
● Turn off the power to the PLC before attaching or detaching the following devices. Failure to do so
may cause device failures or malfunctions.
Peripheral devices, expansion board, expansion adapter, and connector conversion adapter
Extension modules, bus conversion module, and connector conversion module
), flammable gas, vibration or impacts, or expose it to high temperature,