Preparing for installation
– Assist in site selection
– Inspect and approve the site.
– Schedule the delivery of the hardware
– Monitor installation activities
– Assist you in ordering any supplies required
– Configure system parameters
– Assist with the configuration of input and output profiles
for use with third-party finishing devices
– Install the DocuPrint system
– Install optional Sixth Sense hardware and software.
– Provide initial operator training
– Provide information and assistance in registering for
Xerox Customer Education classes or obtaining tutorials.
– Review preventive maintenance schedules and service
– Provide ongoing maintenance
– Assist in resolving hardware and software problems.
Your responsibilities prior to, during, and after installation of the
DocuPrint NPS/IPS system are to schedule and monitor your
installation activities. Refer to the "DocuPrint NPS/IPS
installation planning checklist" and the "Network preinstallation
checklist" in this chapter for a complete list of responsibilities.
Refer to the "Xerox support services" appendix for information on
services designed to support you prior to, during, and after your
– Identify the person (or persons) at your site who will be
the primary interface with Xerox.
Installation Planning Guide