Installation Planning Guide
– After the installation of your DocuPrint NPS/IPS, there are
a few ongoing tasks that must be performed. These tasks
may include all or some of the following:
Meter reading and reporting
Overseeing routine maintenance
Placing service calls for hardware problems
Ordering additional documentation, software, or fonts
Arranging additional operator training
Maintaining an adequate inventory of consumable
It is your responsibility to designate a person (or persons)
to perform these tasks.
Operator and Administrator training
– Select personnel for Operator and Administrator training.
– Set up a training schedule.
– Select and prepare the site for DocuPrint NPS/IPS system
installation including proper power, air conditioning, and
– Convert any host-resident fonts to 300 dots per inch (dpi).
This conversion is required for DocuPrint 96/4635 MICR
– Plan and schedule installation activities.
– For channel-attached systems: Provide your host channel
address to your Xerox representative.
– Install the necessary network connections required to
connect client workstations to the printer controller. Refer
to the "Network preinstallation checklist" in this chapter.
– Install Ethernet or Token Ring to system location.
– Obtain the necessary interfaces, cables, transceivers, etc.
NOTE: You are responsible for obtaining, stringing, and
maintaining fully-populated bus and tag cables for
– Sysgen your host to print to an AFP Type1, Group 3
printer. Refer to your IBM documentation for further