• The quality becomes higher when the number of bit rate gets bigger. This unit uses the
"VBR" recording method, and the bit rate is changed automatically depending on the
subject to record. Therefore, the recording time is shortened when a subject with fast
movement is recorded.
• 4K motion picture cannot be set when using [Miniature Effect] (Creative Control Mode).
• To record 4K motion pictures, use a UHS Speed Class 3 card.
• When you record 4K motion pictures, the angle of view will be narrower than motion
pictures of other sizes.
• To ensure highly accurate focus, 4K motion pictures are recorded at reduced Auto
Focus speeds. It may be difficult to focus on the subject with Auto Focus, but this is not
• Limitations on continuous recording
About the compatibility of the recorded motion pictures
Motion pictures recorded in [AVCHD] or [MP4] may be played back with poor picture or
sound quality or playback may not be possible even when played back with equipment
compatible with these formats. Also, the recording information may not be displayed
• When you play back and import motion pictures recorded with [FHD/28M/50p],
[FHD/24M/25p], or [FHD/24M/24p] in [AVCHD] using a device other than this unit, a
compatible Blu-ray disc recorder or PC installed with "PHOTOfunSTUDIO" software is
• For details on motion pictures recorded with [4K/100M/30p], [4K/100M/25p] or
[4K/100M/24p] in the [MP4] format, refer to "Enjoying 4K motion pictures" (→268).
Recording Motion Picture/4K Motion Picture
Recording motion pictures