About [T] (Time)
If you set the shutter speed to [T], the shutter stays open when the shutter button is
pressed fully. The shutter closes if you press the shutter button again. Use this function
when you want to keep the shutter open for an extended period, for example, to record
pictures of fireworks or night scenes.
When the shutter speed is set to [T] (time), we recommend using a tripod and taking pictures
remotely by connecting the camera to a smartphone via Wi-Fi connection to prevent camera
shake. [B] (Bulb) is also available when connected via Bluetooth.
When you take still pictures with the shutter speed set to T (time), the pictures may have
higher noise levels. If you want to suppress noise, we recommend taking pictures by setting
[Long Shtr NR] to [ON] in the [Rec] menu.
This function is not available in the following cases:
• When recording using the flash (Only when [Flash Synchro] is set to [2ND])
• When recording 4K photos
• When recording using [Post Focus]
• When recording using [Bracket]
• When [HDR] is set to [ON]
• When using the electronic shutter
• When [Silent Mode] is set to [ON]
• When using [Time Lapse Shot]
• When [Auto Shooting] of [Stop Motion Animation] is set to [ON]
Taking pictures by setting the aperture value and shutter speed
(Approximately up to 120 seconds)