Usage cautions and notes
When in use
Keep this unit as far away as possible from electromagnetic equipment (such as
microwave ovens, TVs, video games etc.).
• If you use this unit on top of or near a TV, the pictures and/or sound on this unit may
be disrupted by electromagnetic wave radiation.
• Do not use this unit near cell phones because doing so may result in noise adversely
affecting the pictures and/or sound.
• Recorded data may be damaged, or pictures may be distorted, by strong magnetic
fields created by speakers or large motors.
• Electromagnetic wave radiation may adversely affect this unit, disturbing the pictures
• If this unit is adversely affected by electromagnetic equipment and stops functioning
properly, turn this unit off and remove the battery or disconnect AC adaptor. Then
reinsert the battery or reconnect AC adaptor and turn this unit on.
Do not use this unit near radio transmitters or high-voltage lines.
• If you record near radio transmitters or high-voltage lines, the recorded pictures and/
or sound may be adversely affected.
Do not extend the supplied cord or cable.
Do not allow camera to come into contact with pesticides or volatile substances (can
cause surface damage or coating to peel).
Do not keep objects that may be influenced magnetically close to the speaker.
• Magnetised objects such as bank cards, commuter passes, watches, may be
adversely affected by the magnetic influence of the speaker.
Never leave the camera and the battery in a car or on a car hood in the summer.
Doing so may cause leakage of the battery electrolyte, overheating, fire or a battery
explosion due to the high temperature.