Recording tips when registering face pictures
• Make sure the subject's eyes are open and mouth closed;
have the subject face the camera directly, and make sure
the outline of the face, the eyes and eyebrows are not
hidden by hair.
• Make sure there are no heavy shadows on the face. (During
registration, the flash is not used.)
If the camera seems to have difficulty recognising faces when recording
• Register additional pictures of the same person's face, indoors and outdoors or with
different expressions or angles.
• Register additional pictures at the place you are recording.
• If a registered person is no longer recognised, re-register that person.
• In some cases, the camera cannot recognise or incorrectly recognises even registered
people depending on their expression or the environment.
[Face Recog.] functions only when Auto Focus mode is set to [
Only the first picture of the burst recording will contain Face Recognition information.
The name of the person recognised in the first picture is displayed in the case of group pictures.
This function is not available in the following cases:
• [Miniature Effect] (Creative Control Mode)
• During motion picture recording
• When recording 4K photos
• When recording using [Post Focus]
• When using [Time Lapse Shot]
Using Menu Functions
Good example for registering
[Lens / Others]