Taking pictures after automatically setting the
aperture value and shutter speed
Take pictures using automatic aperture values and shutter speed settings in accordance
with the brightness of a subject.
Set mode dial to [ ]
Press the shutter button halfway
• If the aperture value and shutter speed flash red, you do not have the correct
While the numeric values are displayed
(approximately 10 seconds), rotate the
rear dial to change the values using
Programme Shift indication
• The operation can also be performed by rotating the control ring.
• To cancel Programme Shift, either turn off the camera or rotate the rear dial until
the Programme Shift indication turns off.
• Programme Shift can easily be cancelled by setting a function button to [One
About Programme Shift
The function for maintaining the same exposure (brightness) while changing the
aperture value and shutter speed combination is called "Programme Shift". You can use
"Programme Shift" to take pictures by adjusting the aperture value and shutter speed
even in Programme AE Mode.
Programme Shift cannot be used in the following cases:
• When recording using the flash
• When recording 4K photos
• When recording using [Post Focus]
• When ISO sensitivity is set to [
(Programme AE Mode)