Focus, Brightness (Exposure) and Colour tone Settings
Taking pictures with Auto Focus
• Set the focusing action when the shutter button is pressed halfway
• Switching [AF Mode]
Press the shutter button halfway
( When focus is aligned: illuminated
When focus is not aligned: flashing)
(When focus is aligned: green)
• Two "beep" sounds are heard and Auto Focus is activated.
Four "beep" sounds when focus is not aligned.
• When you take a picture in a dark location, [
and it may take longer to adjust focus than usual.
• If the camera detects stars in the night sky after displaying [
be activated. When focus is achieved, the focus indication [
focus are displayed. (Starlight AF cannot perform detection on the edges of the
Subjects/environments which may make focusing difficult:
• Fast-moving or extremely bright objects, or objects with no colour contrast.
• Taking pictures through glass or near objects emitting light.
• In the dark, or with significant jitter.
• When too close to object or when taking pictures of both distant and close objects together in
the same picture.
When the lighting is low making it difficult to focus with Auto Focus, set [Monitor Display Speed] or
[LVF Display Speed] to [60fps].
Starlight AF will not function when using the monitor with [Monitor Display Speed] set to [ECO
30fps] or when using the viewfinder with [LVF Display Speed] set to [ECO 30fps].
] button (
to select [AF] and press [MENU/SET]
] is displayed for the focus display
], Starlight AF will
] and AF areas in