The lens makes a clicking noise.
• When the camera is turned on or off, the lens is moved, or an aperture operation is performed,
such a noise may be heard. This is not a malfunction.
• When the brightness changes after a zooming operation or moving the camera, the lens may make
a noise while adjusting the aperture. This is not a malfunction.
Zooming stops instantaneously.
• When using the Extra optical zoom, the zooming action will stop temporarily. This is not a
Red lamp illuminated when pressing shutter button halfway in dark locations.
• [AF Assist Lamp] is set to [ON] (→183).
Camera is hot.
• Camera may become a little warm during use, but this does not affect performance or quality.
Clock is incorrect.
• If you do not use the camera for a long time, the clock may be reset.
→ Reset the clock (→30).
When using zoom, picture becomes slightly warped and the edges of the subject become
• Pictures may be slightly warped or coloured around the edges, depending on the zoom ratio, but
this is not a fault.