When you use a tripod, we recommend setting [Stabilizer] to [OFF].
[Stabilizer] cannot be used by selecting [
In the following cases, the [Stabilizer] will switch to [
• During motion picture recording
• When recording 4K photos
• When recording using [Post Focus]
[Stabilizer] cannot be used when recording with [High Speed Video].
The 5-axis Hybrid Image Stabiliser function automatically functions while recording motion
pictures. This decreases the jitter of the image when recording motion pictures while zooming or
• The recording range may become narrower.
In the following cases, The 5-axis Hybrid Image Stabiliser function is not available.
• When using the Digital Zoom
• When recording motion pictures with [Rec Quality] set to [4K/100M/30p]/[4K/100M/25p] or
• When recording using [4K Live Cropping]
Cases where the stabiliser function may be ineffective:
• When there is a lot of jitter
• When the zoom magnification is high (also in the Digital Zoom range)
• When taking pictures while following a moving subject
• When the shutter speed becomes slower to take pictures indoors or in dark places
The panning effect by selecting [
• Bright summer days or other bright locations
• When the shutter speed is higher than 1/100 seconds
• When the motion of a subject is slow and the speed with which the camera is moved is too slow
(a nice background blur is not achieved)
• When the camera is not adequately tracking the motion of a subject
] (Normal) in Panorama Shot Mode.
] (Normal), even if it is set to [
] is not fully achieved in the following cases:
Stabiliser, Zoom and Flash