Automatically locking the focus on a moving subject
With cursor button operations
Align the AF Tracking area with the subject and press the
shutter button halfway
AF Tracking area
When the subject is recognised, the AF tracking area turns green.
When you release the shutter button, the AF tracking area turns yellow
and the subject is automatically kept in focus.
• To release AF Tracking → Press [MENU/SET].
• Focus range: same as macro recording [
With touch screen operations
Touch the subject
Perform these operations with the touch shutter function released.
The AF Tracking area turns yellow while the subject is locked.
• To release AF Tracking → Touch [
If AF Lock fails, a red frame flashes for a while and then turns off.
When you set [Metering Mode] to [
Under certain recording conditions, such as when the subject is small or dark, AF Tracking may
not operate correctly. When AF Tracking does not work, focus will be on [
This function is not available in the following case:
• When using [Time Lapse Shot]
In the following cases, [
• [Glistening Water], [Glittering Illuminations], [Soft Image of a Flower], [Monochrome]
(Scene Guide Mode)
• [Sepia], [Monochrome], [Dynamic Monochrome], [Rough Monochrome], [Silky Monochrome],
[Soft Focus], [Star Filter], [Sunshine] (Creative Control Mode)
• [Monochrome], [L.Monochrome] ([Photo Style])
Focus, Brightness (Exposure) and Colour tone Settings
] (Multi Metering), the camera adjusts the exposure using a
] performs the operation of [
Taking pictures with Auto Focus