Cannot record motion pictures.
• When a large capacity card is used, you may not be able to take a picture for a while after you turn
on the camera.
Motion picture recording stops midway.
• When the ambient temperature is high or motion picture is recorded continuously, the camera may
] and stop the recording. Wait until the camera cools down.
• The speed class of a required card varies depending on [Rec Format] and [Rec Quality] of a motion
picture. Be sure to use a card of the recommended speed class (→26).
Sometimes focus adjustment with Auto Focus mode is difficult while recording 4K motion
• This may occur when taking a picture by reducing the Auto Focus speed in order to adjust the
focus at high precision. This is not a malfunction.
A noise, such as a clicking or buzzing noise, is recorded on a motion picture. Audio is
recorded at low volumes.
• With recording in a quiet environment, the sound of aperture, focus and other actions may be
recorded in motion pictures. This is not a malfunction. The focus operation during recording of
motion pictures can be set to [OFF] in [Continuous AF] (→151).
• If you block the microphone with your fingers while motion pictures are being recorded, the audio
may be recorded at a low volume or may not be recorded at all. In this case, the camera may pick
up the lens operating sounds more easily.
Operating sounds are recorded in a motion picture.
• We recommend recording motion pictures in Creative Video Mode if you are concerned about
No flash emitted.
• The flash becomes unavailable in the following cases.
– The flash is closed.
– Flash set to [
• Set [Shutter Type] to [AUTO] or [MSHTR].
• Set [Silent Mode] to [OFF].
] (Forced Flash Off).