Holding the camera
Hold the camera gently with both hands keeping your arms close to your body
while standing with your feet slightly apart.
• To prevent dropping, be sure to attach the supplied strap and fit it to your wrist.
• Do not block the flash, AF Assist Lamp, microphone, or speaker with your fingers
or other objects.
• Make sure that the camera does not move at the moment the shutter button is pressed.
• Make sure your footing is stable and there is no danger of colliding with another person
or object in the vicinity while taking pictures.
AF Assist Lamp
About the direction detect function
Still pictures recorded with the camera held vertically can be
automatically displayed in portrait orientation during playback.
(Only when [Rotate Disp.] is set to [ON].)
• The direction detect function may not operate correctly if
pictures are taken with the camera pointing up or down.
• Motion pictures, 4K burst files recorded with the 4K Photo
function, and pictures recorded in [Post Focus] cannot be