Taking pictures by setting the aperture value and
• The effect of the aperture value and shutter speed you have set is not applied to the
recording screen. To check the effect on the recording screen, use Preview Mode.
• The brightness of the screen may vary from the actual pictures recorded. Check the
brightness of pictures using the playback screen.
• When you adjust the aperture value and shutter speed, an exposure meter is displayed.
If aperture and shutter speed are shown in red, you do not have appropriate exposure.
• If the correct exposure is not achieved when you press the shutter button halfway, the
numeric values of the aperture and shutter speed are displayed in flashing red.
Taking pictures by setting the aperture value
(Aperture-Priority AE Mode)
When you set the aperture value, the camera automatically optimises the shutter speed
for the brightness of the subject.
Set mode dial to [
Rotate the rear dial to set the aperture value
• The operation can also be performed by rotating the control ring.
that can be set
F3.3 - F8.0
You may not be able to select some values depending on zoom
Shutter speed set (seconds)
60 - 1/2000
(When the mechanical shutter is used)
1 - 1/16000
(When the electronic shutter is used)