Connecting with other devices
Enjoying 4K motion pictures
Viewing 4K motion pictures
Viewing on TV screen
When you connect this unit to a 4K-compatible TV and play
back a motion picture recorded with [Rec Quality] of [4K],
you can enjoy high-resolution 4K motion pictures. Although
resolution output will be lower, you can also play back 4K
motion pictures by connecting to a high-definition TV and
other devices that do not have 4K support.
• Set [HDMI Mode (Play)]
• When connecting to a TV that does not support 4K motion picture, select [Auto].
Connect this unit to a 4K-compatible TV using an HDMI micro cable and display the
• When the [VIERA Link] setting on the camera is set to [ON] and the camera is connected to
a VIERA Link (HDMI)-compatible Panasonic television (VIERA), the television automatically
switches its input and the playback screen is displayed. For details (→273).
• When you have motion pictures recorded with [Rec Format] set to
[MP4] and their size set to [4K] in [Rec Quality], you can also play
them back by inserting the card into the SD card slot of a TV that
supports motion pictures in 4K.
• Read the operating instructions for the TV.
Viewing 4K motion pictures on a PC screen
To play back motion pictures recorded with [Rec Quality] of [4K] on a
PC, use the software "PHOTOfunSTUDIO".
• To play back and edit 4K motion pictures, a high-performance PC
environment is required.
• For details, refer to the operating instructions of "PHOTOfunSTUDIO"
to [AUTO] or [4K/25p].