• The picture will be saved in JPEG format with recording information (Exif information) from the
nearest position's picture, including its shutter speed, aperture and ISO sensitivity information.
Notes on the [Post Focus]/[Focus Stacking]
The camera's setup for recording in [Post Focus]
• Since recording is performed in the same picture quality as 4K photos, certain
limitations apply to recording functions and menu settings. For details, refer to "The
camera's setup for the 4K Photo function" (→116).
• In addition to the limitations of the 4K Photo function, the following limitations apply to
[Post Focus] recording:
– [AF Mode] and [AFS/AFF/AFC] cannot be set.
– Manual Focus cannot be used.
– The following [Custom] menu items cannot be set:
– Motion pictures cannot be recorded.
– [Digital Zoom] is not available.
During recording, the angle of view will be narrower.
The [Post Focus] function is disabled when using the following settings:
• [Clear in Backlight], [Glistening Water], [Artistic Nightscape], [Glittering Illuminations], [Handheld
Night Shot], [Clear Night Portrait], [Soft Image of a Flower] (Scene Guide Mode)
• [Rough Monochrome], [Silky Monochrome], [Miniature Effect], [Soft Focus], [Star Filter],
[Sunshine] (Creative Control Mode)
• When [Multi Exp.] is set
• When using [Time Lapse Shot]
• When using [Stop Motion Animation]
When selecting the focus and saving pictures, you cannot select and save the picture from a TV
screen even if the camera is connected to a TV through an HDMI micro cable.
In the following cases, [Focus Stacking] may produce an unnatural picture:
• If the subject is in motion
• If there are large differences in distance to the subject
• If there is significant blurring (recording with a larger aperture might make the picture less
During focus stacking, auto compensation is applied to deviations among pictures due to camera
shake. In such cases, the angle of view will be slightly narrower at the time of focus stacking.
Only pictures taken using [Post Focus] on this camera are eligible for [Focus Stacking].
Adjusting the focus after recording ([Post Focus]/[Focus Stacking])
] to combine and save the picture
4K Photo and Drive Settings