If you were not able to remove the paper in step 3:
4. Detach both cassette 1 and cassette 2.
5. Slowly pull out paper.
6. If paper protrudes from cassette, remove paper and reload it after aligning edges of sheets.
• When reloading the paper, make sure you are using suitable paper and loading it correctly.
7. Attach cassettes to machine and tap OK on touch screen.
• Do not close the paper output tray while the machine is in operation.
If the measures above do not solve the problem, contact your nearest Canon service center to request a