Before Installing the Scanner Driver
Check the following points before installing the scanner driver. Check these also when you cannot install the
• If the machine and computer are connected with a USB cable, disconnect the USB cable from the
• Close all running applications.
• Log in as the administrator of the computer. You will be required to enter the name and password of the
user with administrator privileges. If you have multiple user accounts on Mac OS X, log in with the first
administrator account created.
• If you install an older version of the scanner driver after installing a newer one, the scanner driver may
not operate properly. In that case, reinstall the newer scanner driver.
• When installing multiple versions of the scanner driver, install the older scanner driver first.
Obtaining the Latest Scanner Driver
Installing the Scanner Driver