• Reproduction, diversion or copying of any text, photo or image published in this site, in whole or in part, is prohibited. • In principle, Canon shall change or delete the contents of this site without prior notice to customers. In addition, Canon may suspend or stop the disclosure of this site due to unavoidable reasons. Canon shall not be liable for any damage suffered by customers as a result of changes in or deletion of information in this site, or suspension/stoppage of disclosure of this guide.
• In Mozilla Firefox 1. Select (Menu) > Print > Page Setup..2. Select the Print Background (colors & images) checkbox in Format & Options. • In Google Chrome 1. Select (Chrome Menu) > Print..2. Select the Background graphics checkbox in Options. For Mac OS: To print background colors and images, follow the steps below to display the Print dialog options, then select the Print backgrounds checkbox.
Using This Online Manual Symbols Used in This Document Touch-enabled Device Users (Windows) Symbols Used in This Document Warning Instructions that, if ignored, could result in death or serious personal injury caused by incorrect operation of the equipment. These must be observed for safe operation. Caution Instructions that, if ignored, could result in personal injury or material damage caused by incorrect operation of the equipment.
Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. • Bluetooth is a trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc., U.S.A. and licensed to Canon Inc. Note • The formal name of Windows Vista is Microsoft Windows Vista operating system.
1. Definitions. "License" shall mean the terms and conditions for use, reproduction, and distribution as defined by Sections 1 through 9 of this document. "Licensor" shall mean the copyright owner or entity authorized by the copyright owner that is granting the License.
their Contribution(s) with the Work to which such Contribution(s) was submitted. If You institute patent litigation against any entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that the Work or a Contribution incorporated within the Work constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to You under this License for that Work shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses), even if such Contributor has been advised of the possibility of such damages. 9. Accepting Warranty or Additional Liability. While redistributing the Work or Derivative Works thereof, You may choose to offer, and charge a fee for, acceptance of support, warranty, indemnity, or other liability obligations and/or rights consistent with this License.
Enter keywords in the search window and click (Search). You can search for target pages in this guide. Entry example: "(your product's model name) load paper" Search Tips You can search for target pages by entering keywords in the search window. Important •...
Note • The displayed screen varies depending on your product. • Searching for Application Functions Enter your application's name and a keyword for the function you want to learn about Example: When you want to learn how to print collages with My Image Garden Enter "My Image Garden collage"...
Printing Photos from a Computer This section describes how to print photos with My Image Garden. This section uses windows displayed when the Windows 8.1 operating system (hereinafter referred to as Windows 8.1) is used. 1. Pull out the cassette 1 from the machine. 2.
If a message is displayed on the screen, follow the directions in the message to complete registration. 6. Open the paper output tray (A). 7. Click the My Image Garden icon (B) in Quick Menu. The Guide Menu screen is displayed. Note •...
9. Click the folder (D) with photos you want to print. 10. Click the photos (E) you want to print. For Windows: To select two or more photos at a time, click photos while pressing the Ctrl key. For Mac OS: To select two or more photos at a time, click photos while pressing the command key.
For Mac OS: Click OK when the confirmation message appears, then click Print. Note • My Image Garden lets you use images on your computer, such as photos taken with a digital camera, in a number of ways. My Image Garden Guide (Windows) My Image Garden Guide (Mac OS)
Copying Originals This section describes how to load originals and copy them to plain paper. 1. Pull out the cassette 2 from the machine. 2. Load the paper stack WITH THE PRINT SIDE FACING DOWN. 3. Align the paper guides with the paper length and width. 4.
If a message is displayed on the screen, follow the directions in the message to complete registration. 6. Open the paper output tray (A). 7. Extend the paper output support (B). 8. Touch the HOME button (C). 9. Tap Copy (D). 10.
13. Confirm the paper settings, then touch the Black button or Color button (G). Important • Do not open the document cover until copying is complete. Note • Your machine is equipped with many other convenient copy features. Copying...
Printing Photos This section describes how to print photos on a memory card. 1. Pull out the cassette 1 from the machine. 2. Load the paper stack vertically WITH THE PRINT SIDE FACING DOWN. 3. Align the paper guides with the paper length and width. 4.
If a message is displayed on the screen, follow the directions in the message to complete registration. 6. Open the paper output tray (A). 7. Insert the memory card. * The figure below shows the SD/SDHC memory card as an example. Note •...
Important • Do not remove the memory card during printing. Data on the memory card may be damaged. Note • Your machine is equipped with many other convenient photo print features. Printing Photo Data...
Printing a Disc Label from a Computer This section describes how to print photos on a printable disc with My Image Garden. This section uses windows displayed when the Windows 8.1 operating system (hereinafter referred to as Windows 8.1) is used. Important •...
4. Click OK (D). 5. When a dialog screen is displayed, click OK. 6. Click Add Image (E), then select photos to print onto the disc label. Note • The layout may not be as expected depending on the photo information or analysis results of the selected images.
For Mac OS: Click OK when the confirmation message appears, then click Print. When the confirmation message appears again, click OK. 11. Open the paper output tray (J). 12. When the message asking you to load the printable disc is displayed, open the disc tray guide (K).
14. Place the disc tray on the disc tray guide. Insert the disc tray straight until the arrow ( ) on the disc tray guide is almost aligned with the arrow ) on the disc tray. 15. Start printing. For Windows: Click Start Printing on the dialog screen.
Copying a Disc Label This section describes how to copy the label of an existing disc (BD/DVD/CD, etc.) and print it on a printable disc. 1. Touch the HOME button (A). 2. Flick the HOME screen, then tap Advanced print (B). 3.
6. Open the document cover (G). 7. Load the copy source (BD/DVD/CD, etc.) WITH ITS LABEL SIDE DOWN on the platen glass. 8. Close the document cover. 9. Tap OK on the touch screen. 10. Confirm the print settings, then touch the Black button or Color button (H). The message asking you to load the printable disc is displayed.
13. Place the printable disc with the printable surface facing up on the disc tray. The disc tray is attached in the back of the cassette 1. 14. Place the disc tray on the disc tray guide. Insert the disc tray straight until the arrow ( ) on the disc tray guide is almost aligned with the arrow ) on the disc tray.
The disc tray is drawn into the machine, then copying will start. After copying is complete, pull the disc tray out from the machine. Important • Do not open the document cover until copying is complete. Note • Your machine is equipped with many other disc label print features. Disc Label Printing...
Easy Scan with the Auto Function Scan Originals Larger than the Platen Scan Multiple Originals at One Time Using PIXMA/MAXIFY Cloud Link Print Easily from a Smartphone or Tablet with Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY Printing with Windows RT Checking Printer Information...
Connect Wirelessly with Ease in "Direct Connection" The machine supports "direct connection" in which you can connect to the machine wirelessly from a computer or smartphone even in an environment without a wireless router. Switch to "direct connection" with simple steps to enjoy scanning and printing wirelessly. Using Machine with Direct Connection...
Print Photos Easily Using My Image Garden Organize Images Easily In My Image Garden, you can register the names of people and events to photos. You can organize photos easily as you can display them not only by folder but also by calendar, event, and person.
Place Photos Automatically Delightful items are created easily as the selected photos are placed automatically according to the theme. Other Various Functions My Image Garden has many other useful functions. Refer to the following for details. What You Can Do with My Image Garden (Windows) What You Can Do with My Image Garden (Mac OS)
Create and Print Personalized Disc Labels (CD/DVD/BD) Easily and Beautifully Print without a Computer You can enjoy disc label printing easily even without using a computer. Refer to "Disc Label Printing" for details. Create and Print Items with My Image Garden Use My Image Garden to combine your favorite photos with preset designs to create and print personalized disc labels.
PREMIUM Contents can be downloaded easily via My Image Garden or Easy-PhotoPrint+. Downloaded PREMIUM Contents can be printed directly with My Image Garden or Easy-PhotoPrint+. To download PREMIUM Contents, make sure that genuine Canon ink tanks/ink cartridges are installed for all colors on a supported printer.
Print Items with Easy-PhotoPrint+ (Web Application) You can easily create and print personalized items such as calendars and collages, anytime and anywhere, by simply accessing Easy-PhotoPrint+ on the web from a computer or tablet. By using Easy-PhotoPrint+, you can create items in the latest environment without going through the trouble of installation.
Available Connection Methods The following connection methods are available on the machine. Wireless Connection • With a wireless router • Without a wireless router Wired Connection USB Connection Wireless Connection There are two methods for connecting the printer to your device (such as a smartphone). One method is to connect using a wireless router, and the other method is to connect without using a wireless router.
• Connection Using a Wireless Router ◦ Connect the printer and a device using a wireless router. ◦ Connection methods vary depending on the wireless router type. ◦ You can change network settings such as the SSID and security protocol on the printer. ◦...
Direct Connection (Windows XP) Restrictions (Appears in a new window) 1. If the HOME button (A) on the printer is lit, touch the HOME button. If an error screen is displayed, tap OK, then touch the HOME button. 2. Tap the upper right (B) of the screen. 3.
6. Tap Details. 7. Tap Yes. 8. Check Password (network key), and then tap OK. You will use the SSID and Password (network key) in the subsequent steps. 9. Tap OK. 10. Right-click the Wireless Network Connection icon in the notification area of the taskbar on the computer, then select View Available Wireless Networks.
12. Enter the Password (Network key), then click Connect. 13. When connection is complete, click Back until the screen below appears. Proceed with the setup.
Restrictions When connecting another device while a device (such as a smartphone) is already connected to the printer, connect it using the same connection method as the connected device. If you connect using a different connection method, the connection to the device in use will be disabled. Connection Using a Wired Network cannot be performed on printers that do not support a wired connection.
• In Direct Connection mode, you can connect up to five devices at the same time. If you try to connect a sixth device while five devices are already connected, an error will appear. If an error appears, disconnect a device that does not use the printer, then configure settings again. •...
Easy Scan with the Auto Function By using the auto function of IJ Scan Utility, you can scan easily by automatically detecting the item type. Refer to the following for details. Easy Scanning with Auto Scan (Windows) Easy Scanning with Auto Scan (Mac OS)
Scan Originals Larger than the Platen By using the stitch function of IJ Scan Utility, you can scan the left and right halves of an item larger than the platen and combine them back into one image. Items up to approximately twice as large as the platen are supported.
Scan Multiple Originals at One Time By using IJ Scan Utility, you can scan two or more photos (small items) placed on the platen at one time and save each image individually. Refer to the following for details. Scanning Multiple Originals at One Time (Windows) Scanning Multiple Originals at One Time (Mac OS)
Using PIXMA/MAXIFY Cloud Link By using PIXMA/MAXIFY Cloud Link, you can connect your printer to a cloud service, such as CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, Evernote, or Twitter, and use the following functions without using a computer: • Print images from a photo-sharing service •...
◦ The printer must support a color LCD monitor. ◦ Your printer may not support the scan function. ◦ The printer must support the Canon Inkjet Cloud Printing Center. Some models do not support this function. To check whether your model supports this function, see "Models that Support Canon Inkjet Cloud Printing Center".
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;...
If the Security code is incorrect, use your smartphone, tablet, or computer, and change the setting from the My account of the Canon Inkjet Cloud Printing Center. 3. When the registration preparation completed screen appears, select OK 4. On the confirmation screen, select Next 5.
<Privacy statement> Note • If you select Do not agree, a confirmation screen asking whether you want to cancel Register My account appears. If you select Yes, then Register My account is canceled, and you return to the Home screen. Even if you select Do not agree, you can still use this service by selecting Agree from the registration screen later.
Important • Select how to manage allows you to change which users can use this service. For details, see "Canon Inkjet Cloud Printing Center window". Add apps You can add your favorite apps to the printer. Follow the steps described below to add apps.
Note • Description of displayed icons : Can be used with genuine Canon ink. 6. Select Register The registration is completed and the app is added to the apps list. To register another app, repeat the procedure from step 5.
: Cannot be used because it is not yet released or does not support your region, model, or language. : Can be used with genuine Canon ink. 5. Select Delete When the deletion is finished, the app will be deleted from the apps list on the main screen.
Note • Description of displayed icons : Cannot be used because it is not yet released or does not support your region, model, or language. : Can be used with genuine Canon ink. 5. Use buttons to move the app...