Select the size of the item to be scanned.
When you select Custom, a screen in which you can specify the paper size appears. Select a Unit,
then enter the Width and Height, and then click OK.
• Click Defaults to restore the specified settings to the default settings.
Select the resolution of the item to be scanned.
The higher the resolution (value), the more detail in your image.
• Only 300 dpi or 400 dpi can be set when Start OCR is selected in Application Settings.
Image Processing Settings
(Right Arrow) to set the following.
• When Color Mode is Black and White, only Reduce gutter shadow, Correct slanted text
document, and Detect the orientation of text document and rotate image appear.
Apply Auto Document Fix
Select this checkbox to sharpen text in a document or magazine for better readability.
• The color tone may differ from the source image due to corrections. In that case, deselect
the checkbox and scan.
• Scanning takes longer than usual when you enable this function.
Emphasizes the outline of the subjects to sharpen the image.
Sharpens text in an item or reduces show-through in newspapers, etc.
Reduces moire patterns.
Printed materials are displayed as a collection of fine dots. "Moire" is a phenomenon where
uneven gradation or a stripe pattern appears when such photos or pictures printed with fine dots