(2) Save Settings Area
Enter the file name of the image to be saved. When you save a file, the date and four digits are
appended to the set file name in the "_20XX0101_0001" format.
• When you select the Save to a subfolder with current date checkbox, the date and four digits
are appended to the set file name.
Displays the folder in which to save the scanned images. To add a folder, select Add... from the pop-
up menu, then click
The default save folder is the Pictures folder.
• When the Settings dialog is displayed from My Image Garden, this option does not appear.
Select the data format in which to save the scanned images.
You can select JPEG/Exif, TIFF, PNG, PDF, or PDF (Multiple Pages).
• You cannot select JPEG/Exif when Color Mode is Black and White.
• When Start OCR is selected in Application Settings, you cannot select PDF or PDF (Multiple
• With network connection, scanning may take longer than usual when you set TIFF or PNG in
Select the compression type for saving PDF files.
It is recommended that you normally select this setting.
Compresses the file size when saving, allowing you to reduce the load on your network/server.
• This appears only when PDF or PDF (Multiple Pages) is selected in Data Format.
• When Black and White is selected in Color Mode, this option does not appear.
JPEG Image Quality
You can specify the image quality of JPEG files.
• This appears only when JPEG/Exif is selected in Data Format.
Create a PDF file that supports keyword search
Select this checkbox to convert text in images into text data and create PDF files that support
(Plus) in the displayed dialog and specify the destination folder.