Reduce gutter shadow
Reduces gutter shadows that appear between pages when scanning open booklets.
• When you enable this function, scanning may take longer than usual with network
Correct slanted text document
Detects the scanned text and corrects the angle (within -0.1 to -10 degrees or +0.1 to +10
degrees) of the document.
• The following types of documents may not be corrected properly since the text cannot be
• Documents in which the text lines are inclined more than 10 degrees or the angles vary
• Documents containing both vertical and horizontal text
• Documents with extremely large or small fonts
• Documents with small amount of text
• Documents containing figures/images
• Hand-written text
• Documents containing both vertical and horizontal lines (tables)
• Scanning takes longer than usual when you enable Correct slanted text document.
Detect the orientation of text document and rotate image
Automatically rotates the image to the correct orientation by detecting the orientation of text in
the scanned document.
• Only text documents written in languages that can be selected from Document Language
Settings (General Settings) dialog
• The orientation may not be detected for the following types of settings or documents since
the text cannot be detected correctly.
• Resolution is outside the range of 300 dpi to 600 dpi
• Font size is outside the range of 8 points to 48 points
• Documents containing special fonts, effects, italics, or hand-written text
• Documents with patterned backgrounds
(2) Save Settings Area
Enter the file name of the image to be saved. When you save a file, the date and four digits are
appended to the set file name in the "_20XX0101_0001" format.
• When you select the Save to a subfolder with current date checkbox, the date and four digits
are appended to the set file name.