Printing a Nozzle Check Pattern
The nozzle check function allows you to check whether the print head is working properly by printing a
nozzle check pattern. Print the pattern if printing becomes faint, or if a specific color fails to print.
The procedure for printing a nozzle check pattern is as follows:
1. Select Test Print from the pop-up menu on the
2. Click the Nozzle Check icon
The confirmation message appears.
Before printing the nozzle check pattern, check the following items:
On some printer models, pressing the tank cover open button on the printer opens the tank cover.
Check the following items for each ink. Then, if necessary, perform Nozzle Check.
Is there ink remaining in the tank?
• Did you push in the ink tank completely until you heard a clicking sound?
• If the orange tape is there, has it been peeled off completely?
Any remaining tape will hinder ink output.
• Did you install the ink tanks in their correct positions?
3. Load paper in the printer
Load one sheet of A4 size or Letter size plain paper into the cassette 2.
4. Print a nozzle check pattern
Make sure that the printer is on and click Print Check Pattern.
Printing of the nozzle check pattern begins.
5. Check the print result
When the dialog opens, check the print result. If the print result is normal, click Quit.
If the print result is smudged or if there are any unprinted sections, click Cleaning to clean the print
Cleaning the Print Heads
Canon IJ Printer Utility