Scanning by Placing a Smartphone over Machine
The machine supports NFC (Near Field Communication), a short-range wireless communication technology.
By placing an NFC-enabled Android smartphone or tablet over the NFC mark on the operation panel of the
machine, you can scan items placed on the platen glass of the machine.
Before Using NFC
Download and install "Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY".
Download free from Google Play.
• May not be available depending on your country or region.
• The application can be downloaded for free; however, Internet connection fees apply.
Scanning with NFC
Before you start scanning, make sure "Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY" is installed on your smartphone.
Load original on platen glass.
2. Start "Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY".
3. Select Scan and set item size, etc. as needed.
4. Place smartphone over NFC mark on machine.
The smartphone is connected to the machine automatically and the machine starts scanning.
When scanning is completed, scanned data is forwarded to the smartphone.
• If scanning does not start, change the position over which to place the smartphone.
Cannot Print/Scan from NFC Compliant Device