9. Load only this sheet of paper in the cassette 2 with the ridges of the creases facing up and
the edge of the half with no crease facing to the far side.
10. Holding both sides of the paper output tray, gently open it.
The output tray extension will open automatically when the paper output tray is opened.
11. Extend the paper output support.
• If the disc tray guide is open, be sure to close it.
12. Tap OK.
The paper cleans the inside of the machine as it feeds through the machine.
Check the folded parts of the ejected paper. If they are smudged with ink, perform Bottom Plate Cleaning
13. When the completion message appears, tap OK.
• When performing Bottom Plate Cleaning again, be sure to use a new piece of paper.
If the problem is not resolved after performing cleaning again, the protrusions inside the machine may be
stained. Wipe off any ink from the protrusions using a cotton swab or the like.
• Be sure to turn off the power and unplug the power cord before cleaning the machine.