"Positioning Originals (Scanning from
• To reduce moire in scans, set Select Source to Magazine in the Settings (Document Scan) dialog or
Settings (Custom Scan) dialog, then click Document or Custom in the IJ Scan Utility main screen.
(1) Scan Options Area
Apply recommended image correction
Applies suitable corrections automatically based on the item type.
• The color tone may differ from the source image due to corrections. In that case, deselect the
checkbox and scan.
• Scanning takes longer than usual when you enable this function.
(2) Save Settings Area
Enter the file name of the image to be saved. When you save a file, the date and four digits are
appended to the set file name in the "_20XX0101_0001" format.
• When you select the Save to a subfolder with current date checkbox, the date and four digits
are appended to the set file name.
Displays the folder in which to save the scanned images. To add a folder, select Add... from the pop-
up menu, then click
The default save folder is the Pictures folder.
• When the Settings dialog is displayed from My Image Garden, this option does not appear.
Auto is selected. The following data formats are automatically applied according to the item type
• Photos, postcards, BD/DVD/CD, and business cards: JPEG
• Magazines, newspapers, and documents: PDF
• The save format may differ depending on how you place the item.
Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
JPEG Image Quality
You can specify the image quality of JPEG files.
Computer)" for how to place items.
(Plus) in the displayed dialog and specify the destination folder.