• How to place the item depends on your model and the item to be scanned.
Emphasizes the outline of the subjects to sharpen the image.
Reduces moire patterns.
Printed materials are displayed as a collection of fine dots. "Moire" is a phenomenon where uneven
gradation or a stripe pattern appears when such photos or pictures printed with fine dots are scanned.
• When enabling Descreen, disable Unsharp Mask. If Unsharp Mask is enabled, some moire
effects may remain.
• Scanning takes longer than usual when you enable Descreen.
Use this function to reduce show-through in duplex documents or lighten the base color in recycled
paper and other colored paper when scanning documents.
• Reduce Show-through is effective only when Document or Magazine is selected for Image
Calibrate before each scan
Calibrates the scanner every time before trial scanning and scanning, to reproduce correct color tones
in scanned images.
• Calibration may take time depending on your computer.