Aligning the Print Head Position
Print head alignment corrects the installation positions of the print head and improves deviated colors and
This printer supports two head alignment methods: automatic head alignment and manual head alignment.
Normally, the printer is set for automatic head alignment.
If the printing results of automatic print head alignment are not satisfactory,
The procedure for performing automatic print head alignment is as follows:
• If the disc tray guide is open, close it.
• The pattern is printed only in black and blue.
Print Head Alignment
1. Select Test Print from the pop-up menu on the
2. Click the Print Head Alignment icon
A message is displayed.
3. Load paper in the printer
Load one sheet of A4 size or Letter size plain paper into the cassette 2.
• The number of sheets to be used differs when you select the manual head alignment.
4. Execute head alignment
Make sure that the printer is on and click Align Print Head.
Print head alignment starts.
• Do not open the operation panel while printing is in progress.
• Wait until printing ends before performing other operations. Printing takes about 3 to 4 minutes
• After head alignment is completed, you can print and check the current setting. To do so, click the
Print Head Alignment icon and when the message is displayed, click Print Alignment Value.
perform manual head
Canon IJ Printer Utility