When connecting another device while a device (such as a smartphone) is already connected to the printer,
connect it using the same connection method as the connected device.
If you connect using a different connection method, the connection to the device in use will be disabled.
Connection Using a Wired Network cannot be performed on printers that do not support a wired connection.
Connect via wireless router
• You cannot establish a printer with wireless and wired connections at the same time.
• Make sure your device and the wireless router are connected. For details on checking these settings,
see the manual supplied with the wireless router or contact its manufacturer.
As for a device already connected to the printer without using a wireless router, reconnect it via a
• Configuration, router functions, setup procedures and security settings of network devices vary
depending on the system environment. For details, see the manual for your network device or contact
• Check if your device supports IEEE802.11n (2.4 GHz), IEEE802.11g or IEEE802.11b.
• If your device is set to the "IEEE802.11n only" mode, WEP or TKIP cannot be used as a security
protocol. Change the security protocol for your device to something other than WEP and TKIP or
change the setting to something other than "IEEE802.11n only."
The connection between your device and the wireless router will be temporarily disabled while the
setting is changed. Do not proceed to the next screen of this guide until setup is complete.
• For office use, consult your network administrator.
• Note that if you connect to a network with no security protection, your personal information could be
disclosed to a third party.
• If a device is connected to the Internet via a wireless router, and you then connect it to a printer in
Direct Connection mode, the existing connection between the device and wireless router will be
disabled. In that case, the connection of the device may switch to a mobile data connection
automatically depending on your device. When you connect to the Internet using a mobile data
connection, charges may apply depending on your contract.
• When you connect a device and the printer using Direct Connection, the connection information
will be saved to Wi-Fi settings. The device may be connected to the printer automatically even
after disconnecting it or connecting it to another wireless router.
• You cannot connect to a wireless router and a printer in Direct Connection mode at the same
time. If you have a wireless router, it is recommended that you use the wireless router to connect
to the printer.
• To prevent automatic connection to the printer in Direct Connection mode, change the connection
mode after using the printer, or set not to connect automatically in the Wi-Fi settings of the
For details on checking or changing wireless router settings, see the wireless router manual or
contact its manufacturer.
• If you connect a device and the printer using Direct Connection, Internet connection may become
unavailable depending on your environment. In that case, web services for the printer cannot be used.