Paper is jammed in paper output slot.
What to Do
If you can see the jammed paper at the paper output slot, remove the paper by following these steps.
1. Slowly pull out paper.
Hold the paper with both hands, and pull it out slowly so as not to tear it.
• If you cannot pull out the paper, turn the machine back on. The paper may be ejected
• If paper becomes jammed during printing and you need to turn off the machine to remove it,
touch the Stop button to stop the printing before you turn off the machine.
• If the paper tears and you cannot remove the jammed paper from the paper output slot, remove
the paper from inside the machine.
Paper Is Jammed inside Machine
2. Reload paper and tap OK on machine's touch screen.
The printer resumes printing. Reprint the page you were printing if it was not printed properly due to
the paper jam.
If you turned off the machine in step 1, the print data that was sent to the machine is erased. Redo the
• When reloading the paper, make sure you are using suitable paper and loading it correctly.
• We recommend using paper sizes other than A5 to print documents with photos or graphics. A5
paper may curl and jam as it leaves the machine.
If the measures above do not solve the problem, contact your nearest Canon service center to request a