• When opening or closing the operation panel, do not touch the buttons and touch screen on the
operation panel. Doing so may result in an unexpected operation.
• If the error message appears after the operation panel is closed, take appropriate action.
• When you start printing after replacing the ink tank, the machine starts cleaning the print head
automatically. Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the cleaning of
the print head.
• If the print head is out of alignment, as indicated by misaligned printed ruled lines or similar
align the print
• The machine may make noise during operation.
Notes on ink tanks
• If you remove an ink tank, replace it immediately. Do not leave the machine with the ink tank
• Use a new ink tank for replacement. Installing a used ink tank may cause the nozzles to clog.
Furthermore, with such an ink tank, the machine will not be able to inform you when to replace the ink
• Once an ink tank has been installed, do not remove it from the machine and leave it out in the open.
This will cause the ink tank to dry out, and the machine may not operate properly when it is
reinstalled. To maintain optimal printing quality, use an ink tank within six months of first use.
• Color ink may be consumed even when printing a black-and-white document or when black-and-
white printing is specified. Every ink is also consumed in the standard cleaning and deep cleaning of
the print head, which may be necessary to maintain the performance of the machine.
When an ink tank is out of ink, replace it immediately with a new one.